|The RDP reservation design allows for simultaneous reservations from a variety of sources, including:
1. Traditional phone-in reservations where the reservationist uses RDP's Windows based system to check rates and availability using a workstation at the condo.
2. Central Reservations. For example, many customers have more than one condo using the RDP system and have established one location for all reservationists, who can make reservations for all condos from this location.
3. Internet Reservation Module (IRM), for commission free reservations 24 hours a day, 365 days a year from guests using the Internet direct into the RDP database.
4. Global Distribution System - allows guests to use over 400 Internet booking websites, such as Expedia, to make reservations that are loaded into RDP automatically using the RDP-GDS Interface.
Resort Data Processing's Internet Reservation Module (IRM) allows millions of potential guests, groups, and travel agents to check availability and make reservations 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Key features include:
· IRM reservations are stored immediately in the same database as normal "phone-in" reservations.
· One database provides true "last room" availability.
· You do not have to upload reservations or manage a room block.
· IRM reservations are commission free.
· The average IRM customer generates over $200,000/year in additional revenue.
· The IRM can be (and should be) used at the same time with the Global Distribution System (GDS).
· Guests, Travel Agents, Groups, Wholesalers, and Owners can all make IRM reservations.
· IRM can sell additional items, such as lift tickets, golf tee times, water park tickets, etc. |